Friday, February 14, 2014

Animal Rescue Stories : An weed-whacker accident left him a double amputee at four days old, but youth saved him. Meet Mercury


Mercury the Kitten Has No Front Legs But Gets Around Like a Pro

An weed-whacker accident left him a double amputee at four days old, but youth saved him.
 |  Feb 3rd 2014  |  


So, look, I'm kinda short. I'm not even five feet tall. When I want to get my favorite top-shelf beer at the market, I have to ask for help, and then folks look at me as if I'm not old enough to buy it. I always have to get my "petite" length jeans tailored, even in five-inch heels I'm barely average height, and when stepping down from the bus I have to leap from the last step to the curb.
Sometimes it's a pain in the butt, but I remind myself that I'm very lucky to have everything in functioning order -- even if it's in a smaller scale. There are animal friends like Mercury out there (he's missing both his front legs and all but one toe on one of his hind legs) who make living in a world not designed for them look like a piece of cake.

Mercury has no trouble being sassy.

No one can beat his T. Rex impression.
Mercury's injuries occurred when he was a mere four days old. He'd been accidentally hit with a weed whacker. Rather than put the kitten down, the veterinarian who tended to Mercury's injuries referred the kitten to his current human friends, who have experience working with bottle babies.

He can still pounce with the best of them.

It's like he doesn't even know he's missing limbs!



.....

Raising Mercury  is on Facebook.

To connect with Raising Mercury, sign up for Facebook today.
Cover Photo
Raising Mercury

Raising Mercury
6,832 likes · 5,214 talking about this

Community
Mercury was found at a little over 5 ounces, with his eyes still shut, missing both front legs and all but one toe on one of his back legs. We brought him in to bottle feed, and this is his journey.


.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)