Thursday, February 20, 2014

Animal Rescue Stories : Ginger , the dog saved from death row

The latest on Ginger, the dog saved from death row


February 20, 2014


If one were look at Ginger today, with her gleaming coat and brilliant smile, they might not have an inkling that she was someone's throw away just a few weeks ago.
Ginger was dumped at the San Bernardino, Calif. City Animal Control in early February by an owner who had the audacity to request that the facility staff have her put down because she was no longer wanted.
Fortunately, Maria Sanchez was at the facility on the day that the sad exchange was taking place and she took it upon herself to save Ginger from certain death.
Earlier this week, Sanchez shared the following sentiment about saving Ginger:
I made this video to show people how important it is to open your home and heart to a shelter animal. We don't know what they have been through before they've crossed our path, but we can make such a difference in their life by just being kind, loving and patient for as long as they need us. I chose to step up as Ginger's foster because I made her promise that day I met her that she will never be hurt again. I sincerely thought I had a long road ahead of me, I am so proud of how quickly she has forgotten her past and is embracing every single day. Please consider fostering a shelter animal, it is so rewarding.
Click here to watch Ginger's new video.
Wonderful, healthy, amazing, friendly dogs just like Ginger are destroyed each and every day at facilities across the nation. Please consider fostering...dogs just like Ginger can be saved with your help.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)