Thursday, September 5, 2013

Animal Rescue Stories : The Cat Family


The Cat Family


In 2012, I was alone. Well, I was really kind of lonely, to be honest. My soon to be ex-wife was living at the house, and I was in a small apartment. It was my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!
Yeah, right!
I decided to go to the local shelter that day. I immediately liked this cat that the shelter had named Kanga. I then went into another room, where there were 3 cats. The only one that was awake at the time was a brown tabby that the shelter had named Tony The Tiger. He was a handsome cat, just hanging out there on the window ledge. I came up to him, and he started to purr. He jumped down to the floor, and I got down into a catcher's squat to continue to pet the little guy.
Out of nowhere, one of the other cats woke up. She decided, "Hmmm....that lap looks really comfortable. I'm going to lie on it."
She was a black and white Tuxedo cat. As she purred while sleeping on my lap, I said to the shelter worker, "I guess this one just picked me!" The worker agreed. I then asked the worker, "Could I see how this little girl gets along w/ Kanga?" The worker said, "Sure!"
Well, when we brought the Tuxedo to Kanga's room, Kanga was not happy! After she hissed at "the chosen one", it was clear that the Tuxedo was coming home w/ another cat. We brought the Tuxedo back to her original room, when Tony welcomed her back, and started cleaning the Tuxedo. I then told the worker, "I'll take him, too."
I renamed the Tuxedo to Hermione, while Tony The Tiger became Granger. Later that summer, Hermione and Granger were joined by Ronny and Weasley, 2 siamese kittens.
Looking at this picture of Hermione, Granger, Ronny, and Weasley, I'd say they get along very well!
Anonymous
Columbus, OH


The Animal Rescue Site Home Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)