Sunday, September 8, 2013

Animal Rescue Stories : Libby's Journey

Pets give your life so much meaning and they also make you stronger. I was in an abusive relationship and I didn't even realize it until he started to abuse our dog Libby. It's strange how you can endure so much abuse but until you see it being done to another, you are abused into thinking it is not happening. When I saw the abuse towards Libby, I knew it had to end. Once I took that step, the battle began.
My abusive ex did everything in his power to take Libby. He didn't even love her. I knew her life with him would be miserable, if she even had a life with him. I knew I had to fight for her. After he broke in one night and tried to hurt us, I knew the next step was to get a protective order and put her on it. He then threatened me with hurting Libby while I was at work. He knows where I work and started to follow me. The protective order proved to be just a piece of paper, I had to find her a safe home.
As much as it hurt to have to find her a new home, I knew in my heart I was doing what was best for Libby, finding her the life she deserves. One day a really nice girl that works in animal cruelty law enforcement, met Libby. Both of them bonded immediately before my eyes and I suddenly felt comfort knowing she had found the best new mommy. I find comfort knowing that she is in a safe home with lots of love. Looking back now, protecting Libby gave me the courage to stand up to my ex-abuser, courage I couldn't find before.
Anonymous
Austin, TX

Read other stories!

The Animal Rescue Site Home Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)