Friday, September 20, 2013

Animal Rescue Stories : Jessica - Lonely Heart

My fiance and I decided that we had finally started our life together in our own place and they allowed pets. Having both come from houses full of dogs and cats over the course of growing up, we decided on a cat to start due to the independence factor and our busy schedules. We looked online for older cats at a shelter near where we grew up, and found several that seemed like they might be what we were looking to adopt. I called the shelter and searched the pictures, and found one that just seemed like "the one" based on what the shelter said. They gave all three of these cats the distinction “Lonely Hearts”, cats that for some reason just couldn't find owners, and had been passed over time and time again.
Three days before I was due to meet her, my family called to say that she was gone off the shelter's site! I was heartbroken, but investigating revealed that she had been moved to the shelter's other location. We changed plans and went to meet her the next day. She was very sad and scared, stuck in quarantine due to a "Kitty Cold" outbreak near her. We spent only a few minutes with her and wondered if we had made the right choice picking her.
This cat is the most adoring, curious, smart, loving and adorable I have seen. She is the highlight of our day, and did I mention smart? Seriously, she learns so fast you wonder if it’s a fluke! Don’t get me wrong it’s not all sunshine and roses, but even her “quirks” are becoming a part of our love for her (and her for us!). She cracks us up with her "lady-like" behavior and even looks like she walks in high heels! I feel bad for whoever had to give her up, but adopting her is the best decision we've made in a long time. Their loss was most definitely our gain, and she continues to amaze and amuse us each and every day. Jessica's Heart is most definitely not Lonely anymore!
Christy
North Adams, MA

Read other stories!

The Animal Rescue Site Home Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)