Sunday, September 8, 2013

Animal Rescue Stories : My white boxer story

I have had my dog Torrin for almost 8 years. I rescued him when he was 9 weeks old and I have tried to share his story with anyone that would listen to me.
I was getting ready to go to school to train to be a veterinary technician when a friend of mine told me one of her neighbors had a litter of boxer puppies. I couldn't resist going to see them, its one of my favorite breeds. When we got there, he had the mother and her litter in the living room. I noticed a baby gate to another room, and sitting behind it was a very underweight and pitiful looking white puppy. I asked the man what was wrong with him. He said "He is white, he is going to die." I didn't understand. I asked again, he just kept telling me that he was going to die and that he couldn't sell him. I asked if I could have him, he said no. By this time I had picked him up and was making my way towards the door. I had figured out that he had simply separated him from his litter and was waiting for him to starve to death. I told the man I was going to take him. That if he wanted to call the cops, he could go ahead because I would report him for animal cruelty. I walked away with my puppy, and he has been my best friend and shadow ever since. He has had his share of health problems, he has permanent digestive issues from being starved at such a young age, but he is a trooper and I love him beyond words. I don't think I would have made it through school without his companionship. I still questions who saved who.
Many white boxer puppies are humanely euthanized, many not so humanely. They have a slightly higher risk or being deaf, and can sunburn, but it is the same with ANY white dog! They are amazing dogs and deserve the same chance at life as any other dog!
Amy Kujacznski
Sandy Springs, GA

Read other stories!

The Animal Rescue Site Home Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)