Thursday, September 19, 2013

Animal Rescue Stories : The Dogs Who Rescued Me

We got our oldest boy Squirt from a shelter, he was covered in mange and almost bald. No one wanted him but we did. He was supposed to be a lab mix but they didn't say mixed with what. What we got was a lab/great dane mix who became the love of our lives. A year later my father passed away and needless to say I was heart broken. One day while shopping for groceries a man tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like another dog. His family couldn't support her anymore and he saw that I was purchasing dog food and hoped that we could give her a good home. Lola came into our lives when we needed her the most. She was our sunshine just as Squirt was our cuddle buddy. Having them both around helped me through the dark times, the sadness and the loss of one of the greatest men I've ever known. Several months later after my husband and I were married we lost my grandmother. In one year our lives had been devastated and my Squirt and my Lola were there as always to keep my grounded, loved and healing. One day while driving to see my mother my husband calls and says that a little lab puppy has showed up at the place he works at with no collar, no tags. They had asked around and she had no owner. Mattie, like Lola came into our lives when we needed her the most. I honestly don't know what I would have done without my rescue Labs, they have become the center of our lives and I don't know what we would have done without them.
Julie
Stoneville, NC

Read other stories!

The Animal Rescue Site Home Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)